Do you want to go camping and are confused about the best camping places in the world? Aren’t you bored with the same routine every day? Don’t you think you should hang out somewhere in the world away from the hustle and bustle of the city? Then go Camping! Whether you want to travel the world or just squeeze in a weekend getaway to your nearest National Park, in travelers’ books, camping is always the answer. If you’re in need of some fresh air, you might want to consider one of these top 10 camping places in the world. These world’s best campsites are prime location for visitors to spend their a relish time because of their intense beauty.
Some are on the beach, some are in the mountains, and some are in much more unique and scenic spots, but they all offer the same things: stunning views, a chance to spot some wildlife, and tons of adventure. With the current situations of COVID-19, you’re bound to feel a serious case of wanderlust coming on. Plan a trip to these beautiful camping spots around the world.
Here are the 10 Best camping places to visit around the world.
1. Camping Places in Sahara desert, Morocco
The Sahara Desert is not only the world’s most iconic desert but is also one of the best camping places in the world. Camping within Morocco’s the Sahara Desert offers so much more than sleeping under canvas and spending a night in the dunes. This beautiful campsite is one of the top 10 campsites in the world. This place encourages you to experience the local culture and rich environment, yet a desert is a relaxed place. The quietude and space are indescribable, the night-sky boundless, and the scenery otherworldly. This one of the “top camping spots in the world” offers everything a traveler ever wants!
Activities in the dunes include guided hiking, camel trekking, sand-boarding, picnics, sunset vantage points, and hammocks.
The journey to the Sahara is an integral element of the camping, and it has never been easier to reach the desert. This place is one of best camping spots in Morocco.
For tour packages to visit Morocco’s Sahara Desert, Click here.
Places to visit in Morocco
- Explore Casablanca
- See the medina in Fez
- Wander through Aït Benhaddou
- See the city of Marrakech
- See the Blue Village of Chefchaouen
- Walk the desert at Merzouga
- Explore the capital, Rabat
- Spend a few days in Tangier
- Visit Moulay Idriss Zerhoun
2. Camp in the mountains at Sahale Glacier Camp in Washington, US.
According to Time for a hike, Sahale Glacier Camp is one of the best camping places in the US National Park System and is a good place to camp hike. The individual campsites are ringed with rock walls and perched at 7,570 ft. at the foot of the Sahale Glacier. 8,681 ft Sahale Peak rises at your back and a sea of North Cascades peaks spread out before you. You can even spot Mt. Rainier on a clear day. If you are willing to put in the effort, you will be rewarded with a hike and a campsite of a lifetime.
This is one of the best camping places in the world and every travelers dream place.
Here you will find top camping sites in series. Individual campsites are nestled among rock walls you can reach by hiking through North Cascades National Park. There, you’ll camp next to the Sahale Glacier, among the mountains of the North Cascades. A backcountry permit is required to camp there, so it isn’t for beginners, but experienced campers and hikers will see some of the most beautiful views and experience the best camping trips of their life.
More places to visit near Sahale Glacier Camping Places
- Sahale Mountain
- Sahale Glacier Campground
- Johannesburg Campground
- Cascade Pass
- Cascade Pass Trailhead
3. Camping Places in the rainforest at Corcovado National Park in Costa Rica.
Corcovado National Park is an incredible place to explore and one of the best camping places in the world. With 13 major ecosystems, beautiful waterfalls, and a variety of wildlife — including jaguars, monkeys, and tapirs this is one of the best wild camping sites in the world.
You can explore the rain forest in a very immersive way, swim under a waterfall, and relax by the beach. You decide!
Places to visit near Corcovado National Park, Coasta Rica
- Drake Bay:- Bahía Drake is a small bay on the north side of the Osa Peninsula on the coast of southwestern Costa Rica. This bay is believed to be a port used by Sir Francis Drake during his raids on the Spanish Main in the 16th century and the location of one of the British pirate’s fabled hidden treasures.
- Sirena Ranger Station:- Ranger station with overnight stays.
- Playa Carate:- Beach and turtle.
- The Divine Dolphin
- Playa San Josecito:- Beach
- Llorona Beach
- Playa Sirena
4. Try eco-camping in Patagonia, Chile
If sleeping in a tent on the floor isn’t your thing but you still feel intrigued by camping, you should try glamping.
One of the best places for glamping is Patagonia in Chile. EcoCamp uses geodesic domes that are comfortable, but still, give you the feel of being outdoors. Thus this still is one of the best camping places in the world for the people who can’t leave their comfort.
The sites are located at the foot of the Torres del Paine National Park, which will give you an incredible view of the mountain peaks. These are also some top scenic camping spots in the world.
Places to visit in Patagonia, Chile
- Southern Chilean Patagonia
- Torres del Paine National park.
- Tierra del Fuego
- Cape Horn
- Punta Arenas
- Isla Magdalena
- Puerto Natales
5. Experience nature at its finest at Denali National Park in Alaska, US.
Camping at Denali National Park gives you a front-row seat to some of the most beautiful scenery in the United States. This is one of the best camping places in the world which offers good place to camp hike as well.
There are creeks, mountains, wildlife, and plants, as well as a view of Denali — previously called Mount McKinley — the tallest peak in North America.
There are several different camping places to choose from in the park, including backcountry grounds if you’re feeling adventurous. Camping places in Denali offers a great way to experience this spectacular park. Whether you wish to tent-camp, or camp with an RV or other vehicle, one or more of the park campgrounds should suit your interests. Please note that vehicles can only camp in established, open camping places in the park – not along pullouts or the side of the road.
Visit Denali National Park for seeing one of the most beautiful camping spots in the world.
Places to visit at Denali National Park in Alaska
- Eielson Visitor Centre
- Park Load
- Horseshoe Lake Trail
- Wonder Lake
- Savage River Loop Trail
- Savage Alpine Trail
6. Scope out glaciers and mountains at Mount Cook in New Zealand
Mount Cook is the highest mountain in New Zealand, and the area around it offers some of the best camping places in the world.
Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for a good reason. There is plenty of hiking to do, and you can hang out at the base of the Tasman Glacier or explore the flowers. You can’t just park & camp in your campervan anywhere in New Zealand. There are rules when it comes to freedom (or free) camping. Local councils are now able to issue fines to people freedom camping in non-designated places. But still, this is one of the camping places in New Zealand.
Places to visit near Mount Cook in New Zealand
- Bay of Islands
- Milford sound
- Waiheke Island
7. Camping Places of the Mediterranean while camping in Sardinia, Italy.
Sardinia is a large island in the Mediterranean, dotted with hilly mountains, a rocky coastline, and gorgeous sandy beaches with some best camping places in the world.
Camping places her gives you the opportunity to hike or simply rest by the beach while enjoying the stunning surroundings. Sardinia is a large Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea. It has nearly 2,000km of coastline, sandy beaches and a mountainous interior crossed with hiking trails and some best places to camp. Its rugged landscape is dotted with thousands of nuraghi – mysterious Bronze Age stone ruins shaped like beehives. One of the largest and oldest nuraghi is Su Nuraxi in Barumini, dating to 1500 B.C
Of course, there are also the villages where you can get spectacular Italian food, which is always a plus with this one of the best camping places.
Places to Visit near Sardinia, Italy
- Camping Porto Sosàlinos
- La Cera Farm Camping B&B
- Isola dei Gabbiani – Land of water
- Stazzu la Capretta Farm Camping
- Camping Car Palmasera
- Camping Village Flumendosa
8. Go glamping overlooking St. Michael’s Mount in England.
If you want a unique and beautiful experience, Coastal Gaze glamping pods are the way to go. Luxury camping places in Cornwall is a super-duper camping pod plus the most spectacular scenic camping spots. Once inside, it’s easy to see why this is the most luxurious style of camping places available in the UK. This is also one of the best selections in the list of camping trips abroad for you.
These camping places allow you to indulge in luxury camping with stunning views of St. Michael’s Mount and Mounts Bay near Cornwall.
The pods are equipped with a kitchen area, a bathroom with a shower, and a beautiful deck to enjoy the views at any time of day. This is one of the best camping places for those who refuse to leave their luxury but still want to feel the essence of camping.
Places to Visit near St. Michael’s Mount
- Mount’s Bay:- Mount’s Bay is a large, sweeping bay on the English Channel coast of Cornwall, United Kingdom, stretching from the Lizard Point to Gwennap Head. In the north of the bay, near Marazion, is St Michael’s Mount; the origin of the name of the bay. In summer, it is a large, benign, scenic, natural harbor next to some best camping places in England.
- Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens:- Contemporary art in large gardens & café
- Penlee House Gallery & Museum:- Penlee House is a museum and art gallery located in the town of Penzance in Cornwall and is home to a great many paintings by members of the Newlyn School, including many by such luminaries as Stanhope Forbes, Norman Garstin, Walter Langley and Lamorna Birch
- National Trust – St Michael’s Mount:- Rocky island with castle & church
- Land’s End Landmark Attraction:- Land’s End is a headland and holiday complex in western Cornwall, England, situated within the Penwith peninsula about eight miles west-south-west of Penzance at the western end of the A30 road.
- Long Rock Beach:- Beach
- The Minack Theatre:- The Minack Theatre is an open-air theatre, constructed above a gully with a rocky granite outcrop jutting into the sea. The theatre is at Porthcurno, 4 miles from Land’s End in Cornwall, England
9. Go on a safari at Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya, Africa.
Maasai Mara, also known as Masai Mara, and locally simply as The Mara, is a large national game reserve in Narok, Kenya, contiguous with the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania and one of the best camping places in the world. It is named in honor of the Masai people, the ancestral inhabitants of the area, who migrated to the area from the Nile Basin. You can get an incredible safari experience at Maasai Mara Camping on the banks of Mara and see some most beautiful camping places in the world.
While you’re there, you can go on nature walks, visit the hippo pools, check out the big cat safari and wildebeest migration safari, or even get in a hot air balloon.
The Masai Mara National Reserve and its neighboring conservancies form Kenya’s flagship conservation area and one of the top safari destinations in Africa. Its wide-open camping places provide a sanctuary for an abundance of animals like elephant, buffalo, zebra, giraffe, hyena, and Mara’s famous big cats: lion, leopard, and cheetah. And from about June to November every year, the Mara is a much-welcomed pit stop for unending masses of wildebeest that follow the rains on their death-defying, 2900-kilometer (1 800-mile) circular journey.
Activities to do near camping places in Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Balloon Safari:- Watch deer, zebras, and more while you’re high up in a hot air balloon. This ride guarantees a stunning view of the Masai Mara Reserve camping places as well as the beautiful sunrise. This is ideal for all those looking to try something different, instead of the usual jeep safaris that are available at pretty much every wildlife reserve area.
- Bush Camping:- For an experience like no other, try bush camping in the reserves’ camping places. Instead of living in a luxurious lodge or hotel, you will be camping in tents. Live inside a tent, eat around the campfire, interact with other guests, watch elephants meandering around by the lake, and have a peaceful, completely unique experience overall.
- Walking Safaris, Masai Mara Overview:-These safaris are for those who want to make the most of the reserves’ camping places by experiencing it on foot. Safaris in jeeps and vehicles are great fun. But itÍs even more so to experience them while you walk. Take a walking safari across the reserve and get ready to view the tiniest details of the ecosystem.
- Game Drives:- Game drives happen in four batches -mornings, afternoons, night, and all day. These drives enable you to view the animals from up close, making it a truly unforgettable camping experience for all.
10. Camping Places in Ladakh, India.
Ladakh or the ‘Land of High Passes’ is a barren yet beautiful region located in the north Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh, one of the best camping places in the world is most famous for breathtaking landscapes, the crystal clear skies, the highest mountain passes, thrilling adventure activities, Buddhist Monasteries, and festivals. Sharing its east border with Tibet, Ladakh has Lahaul and Spiti to its south and the Kashmir valley to the west and will offer stunning campsites and good camping spots.
The months from mid-September to mid-October are considered to be the best season to enjoy the stunning beauty of the landscape of Ladakh and Leh. Ladakh is considered to have some best camping places and one of the best campsite across the world. There are above 100 campsites in Ladakh and all comprise immense beauty and nature. Pangong Tso, Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri, and Zanskar Valley is one of the best camping places across the world and offers some best scenic camping spots.
Places to visit near Ladakh camping places
- Zanskar Valley.
- Nubra Valley.
- Spituk Gompa.
- Hemis National Park.
- Magnetic Hill.
- Shanti Stupa.
- Hemis Monastery.
- Khardung La Pass.
What could be better than a day filled with us exploring the woods, an evening of good conversation (and ghost stories!) surrounded by loved ones around a campfire, and a night of sleeping in a tent beneath a pitch-black sky filled with bright stars? What is stopping you from going out and start camping? Throw away all your hopes and worries and plan a trip to these best camping places in the world.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my sense put in order.John Burroughs
Read More: 10 things to do before you die.
Image Source: Google, Instagram