The ministry of home affairs, Delhi on Saturday (May 30) issued new guidelines to unlock the country aka unlock 1.0 in a phased manner as the fourth phase of the lockdown i.e. lockdown 5.0 comes to an end on May 31. However, the lockdown will continue in the containment zone till 30th of June where only essential and economical activities are permitted.
Covering your face, social distancing, and the prohibition on gathering still remains a part of fresh guidelines issued by Home Ministry as the Nation Prepares to enter Lockdown 5.0 or Unlock 1.0.
The new guidelines for Unlock 1.0 or Lockdown 5.0 as follows:-
Mask on Face
Covering your face with a mask continues from Lockdown phase 1. Wear face mask in public and in the populated areas like general and grocery stores or market.
Social Distancing is very important to minimize the spread of Coronavirus. There must be at least one-meter distance between two people in public areas so that the virus won’t spread from one host to another. It’s the responsibility of the shopkeepers to limit the number of people inside their stores.
The Night Curfew
Now people who are engaged in non-essential services are allowed to free movement outside from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. instead of 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Mass Events will be prohibited in the usual way but some new policies are:
- The number of guests in the marriage function shouldn’t exceed 50.
- The number of guests in the funeral and last rites shouldn’t exceed 20.
Travel without E-Pass
Now, there is no need of any kind of pass travel with in India. You can Travel throughout the country without any need of pass.
Spitting in Public places
You cannot spit in public and if you do so then you will be eligible for punishment and fine as stated by the state or the Union territory.
The Aarogya Setu app
Government is continuously urging us to download and use the Aarogya Setu app for the actual information about COVID-19 around you. The app determines and alarms you if you get in touch or come in close vicinity of a COVID-19 patient.
- Lockdown will continue to remain in force in the containment zones and will be demarcated by the district authorities after considering the MHA guidelines.
- As far as possible the Work from Home should be practiced.
- Consumptions of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, etc. in public places is prohibited.
- Provision of thermal scanning, making available hand wash and sanitizers at all entry and exit points, and common areas where the mass gathering is high is made.
- Social / cultural / sports / religious / academic / entertainment / political functions will be restarted only after the proper assessment of the situation.
- Movement of a domestic flight, Special trains, and Shramic trains will continue after Standard Operating Protocols (SOP) issued.
- In the containment zone, there will be stricter perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining the supply of essential items.
- Senior Citizens i.e. people above the age of 65, pregnant women, and children below 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential services and health purposes.
When what will open?
Following activities will open from 8th of June:-
- Religious places for the public.
- Hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality services.
- Shopping malls.
- Schools /colleges and training institutes.
- Coaching institutes will be reopened after consulting with State and Union Territory . A decision in this regard will be taken in July.
- Resumption of International Flights.
- Metro services.
- Cinema halls, gym, swimming pools, entertainment parks, etc. will be decided after assessment of the situation.
Everyone should try to stay at home and avoid going out in public as much as possible. Only we can stop this pandemic taking over our lives by preventing it from spreading.
Suggested Read: Is money everything?